History

The Dutton family name has been associated with quality medical care in Wakefield since 1893 when Charles Dutton, M.D. established his home and practice at 33 Avon Street. His son Richard and grandson Robert continued the practice from that time.

Since then we have experienced tremendous growth. In 1977 Dr. John Kidd joined Dr. Robert Dutton and within the year Dr. David Calef had joined the practice, making this the first group of board-certified family practitioners on the North Shore.

Dr. Dutton has passed away, but Drs. Kidd and Calef continue the tradition of family medicine established by the Dutton family well over 120 years ago.

To better accommodate our patients, a second office was established in Melrose at 50 Rowe Street, beside the Melrose-Wakefield Hospital (now part of Hallmark Health).